"wrap me up in lavender thunder;"

Monday, November 17, 2014

When It Comes;

Someone I know once asked me a question, late during the dregs of Halloween night as we sat wasting idle time. "If you were dying, what's the last thing you would say?" I'm not sure if that was the correct wording but I'm sure you felt that general chill that comes with such a eerie notion, just as I did. What would you do? I mean, what are the circumstances? Who am I talking to here? Is it someone I love, someone I know, someone I hate? Am I old and withered or was I eviscerated by a driver raging down the night streets? I mean it's such a funny thing to think about, death I mean. Everyone wants to know where we go and what will happen to our souls as our bodies disintegrate into nothing more than soil and worms. There's "the heaven and hell" theory, the "we become one with the wind" mindset, the "when we're dead, we're dead" ideology. It all depends on what you choose to believe in, I guess. Does it scare you? The unknown? The mastery and the mystery of it all, swirling around in fogs of misconception and never really knowing when it will strike. Take your breath away. Everyone's so concerned with what purse she's carrying or what car he's driving, they forget to stop and think and see the beauty in everyday, the light in every person's eyes. Appreciate it. Trust me, it'll be black before you even realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment